About the Candidate Nominations
Person who has registered the Asahi Glass Foundation database.
For those who wish to nominate somebody for the prize, please contact us at bppaf-info.or.jp for the regulation and procedure of the nomination.
The prize recognizes outstanding achievement that offers a clear vision
for the realization of a sustainable society by contributing significantly
in observation, analysis, prediction, assessment, remediation, and practice
for realizing conservation and restoration of the global environment
toward the solution of all aspects of global environmental problems.
- The award is open to individuals, groups of individuals, and non-profit organizations.
- Living citizens, if individuals, of all nations, irrespective of gender or religion, are eligible for the Blue Planet Prize.
* Self-nomination is not accepted.
- Each year, from August to October, nominations are accepted from nominators around the world.
- The Selection Committee meets several times over an approximate six-month period to choose candidates. The candidates are then passed on to the Presentation Committee for its opinion and approval. Next, the Board of Directors reach a final decision on who the winners shall be.
( To maintain strict confidentiality during the selection of candidates, the Foundation will not provide information pertaining to the screening of candidates or their progress during the selection process. )